Monday, January 08, 2007

Random tidbits from mind blogsphere 1-7-07

  • Brain Injury blog reports that in today's Wall Street Journal there is a "scathing attack on insurance company attitudes on brain injury rehabilitation"
  • Developing Intelligence has a review of the 2nd Edition of Mark Johnson's Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience
  • Eide Neurolearning blog has a post, with link to the journal article, re: a recent study that points out the obvious to those who work with kids with reading disabilities....namely, reading interventions need to be matched to the needs of those with reading disorders (they are not a homogeneous group)
  • Gene Expression reports that Dr. Camilla Benbow, a well-established individual differences/intelligence scholar, has been appointed to the National Science Board. Kudos.
  • Thanks to Mind Hacks for the FYI post regarding recent work in augmented cognition.
  • OMG!!!!!!!!! Having a strong preference for visual methods for presenting information (I'm often called Dr. Gv by some of my friends), I was blown over by the "Periodic Table of Visualization Methods." Check it out. Simply place your cursor over each "element" and see a nice visual picture/explanation of the data visualization method. This reminds me of the "Table of Human Cognitive Elements" that I once developed. I think I need to revisit that HCA project.
Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

powered by performancing firefox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's Liz from I Speak of Dreams

Please do work up a similar "Table of Human Cognitive Elements" that I once developed.

I think many students would find it invaluable.